Mariner is pleased to offer a full suite of Networking, Programming and Security courses with a live trainer. Below is a list of current and upcoming courses offered in either Halifax, NS or Saint John, NB. Dedicated sessions for specific companies and other organizations can also be arranged.
Check back often for new additions and updates. Courses are open to US residents.Current Courses Upcoming Courses
Course begins February 26, 2018
Earn 22 CPE credits
Length: 4 days
Location: Downtown Halifax
Early Bird Price: $2800 CAD
Price after February 15, 2018: $3000 CAD
Registration Deadline: February 23, 2017
Cost includes all course materials but not the cost of the exam.
Here’s a look at the courses planned for 2018. Please check back regularly for dates and registration details.
- Security+ Certification (5 Days) – This course is designed to help students prepare for the CompTIA Security+ exam by covering a wide range of topics such as network security, physical security, malware, and incident response.
- CSA+ (5 Days) – The Cyber Security Analyst course follows the Security+ course and is an international, vendor-neutral cybersecurity certification that applies behavioral analytics to improve the overall state of IT security. CSA+ validates critical knowledge and skills that are required to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats.
- CASP (5 Days) – The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner is the 3rd course in the CompTIA series that teaches security professionals the details of security topics such as cryptography, virtualization, implementing host security, application security, and security research.
- Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures (5 Days) – This course is designed to teach students about the different types of attacks that are common against systems and emphasizes how to protect against those attacks!
- Computer Forensics and Investigations (5 Days) – This course introduces students to the world of computer forensics and investigation and demonstrates how to acquire, analyze, and report on evidence when performing an internal investigation.
- Network Defense and Countermeasures (5 Days) – This course is focused on the details of protecting the network with discussions on packet signature analysis, firewalls, IDS, and routers.
- Information System Security Officer (ISSO) (5 Days) – The ISSO course is a 5-day course that exposes students to the wide range of information system security topics and helps them gain the knowledge needed to oversee the security of an organization.
- CyberSec First Responder: Threat Detection and Response (5 Days) – This 5-day course is designed to teach IT professionals how to monitor and detect security incidents on information systems and networks, and how to prepare a proper incident response to such incidents.
- A+ Certification (5 Days) – This course is designed to help student prepare for the A+ Certification exam and give them the knowledge to support computer systems on a company network.
- Network+ Certification (5 Days) – This 5-day course is designed to give student the networking foundation they need to work as a network professional for a company. Student will learn about TCP/IP, routers, and switches.
- Cisco ICND1 Certification (CCENT) (5 Days) – This is the first Cisco course that is designed to help students prepare for the ICND1 exam and gives them the foundation to manage Cisco switches and routers on a LAN network.
- Cisco ICND 2 Certification (5 Days) – This is the second Cisco course with more advanced topics the student would need to know for the ICND2 exam, and to manage devices in a WAN network.
- Introduction to Visual Basic .NET (5 Days) – This course is designed to introduce Visual Basic to an individual that has never programmed in VB before. The course covers basic topics such as creating forms applications, looping structures, conditional structures, and classes and objects.
- Introduction to ASP.NET (5 Days) – This course introduces students to web development with ASP.NET. Students learn to create a web application, validation, and to connect to a database.
- Introduction to C# .NET (5 Days) – This course is designed to introduce C# as a programming language and covers basic topics such as creating forms applications, looping structures, conditional structures, and classes and objects.
A practical guide to proactive software security – learn the software methodologies that help create a more secure environment, analyze risk and understand likely attacks.
This 4-day live instructor led course covers topics such as analyzing risks, understanding likely attacks, and software methodologies to help create a more secure environment. By looking at the threats in any deployment environment and studying the vulnerabilities common to applications, this course teaches how to deal with attacks both known and unknown.
At course completion, students will be able to: identify common threats to applications, understand secure environments, identify types of software testing, describe OWASP Top 10, prevent SQL injection and cross-site scripting attacks.
- Before attending this course, students should have basic programming knowledge
- Introduction to Security
- Common Threats
- The Network Environment
- The Operating System Environment
- The Database Environment
- Programming Languages
- Security Requirements Planning
- Vulnerability Mapping
- Development and Implementation
- Application Review and Testing
- Incorporating SSD with the SDLC
- Personnel Training
- A Culture of Security
- Web Application Threats
- Secure Data Management
- Zero Day and Beyond
- OWASP Top 10
About the Instructor:
Glen E. Clarke (MCITP/MCSD/MCDBA/MCT/CCNA/CISSO/CEH/CHFI/SCNP/Security+) is an author and technical instructor with 20 years’ experience in the IT industry. Glen holds a number of networking and security certifications, including CCNA, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Computer Hacker Forensics Investigator (CHFI). Glen is author of the “Security+ Certification Study Guide”, “Network+ Certification Study Guide”, “CCENT Certification All-In-One For Dummies”, and the best-selling “A+ Certification All-In-One For Dummies”.
Have a group interested in one of the courses listed above or perhaps you’d like to see another course? Let us know: